CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank Of Commerce) provides Canadian residents incentives to come on board as a new customer. These include earning Aeroplan miles, travel rewards, cash back bonuses and unlimited banking access. When you are ready to open an account, you don't have to go to the bank in person. CIBC has made it easy for you to open a bank account using online tools.
Visit the CIBC website (see the Resources section).
Click the link labeled "Find the right bank account with the new CIBC account recommendation tool" found under the "What's New At CIBC" section near the bottom of the page. By using this tool, you can determine which account is best for you.
Return to the CIBC homepage. Click the "Open An Account" link located on the lower right-hand side of the page under "Helpful Resources."
Click the "Apply Now" button for the type of account that you would like to open. For example, you can choose regular checking, student checking, savings or 60 Plus Advantage (ages 60 and over).
Complete and submit the online application form. You will be advised, in real time, whether or not your account is approved.
Select the option to print your signature card and sign it.
Mail the signed signature card along with a $25 cheque for the opening deposit to CIBC. The mailing address will be listed on your application. If you don't want to mail your completed application, you may take it and your deposit to a local CIBC branch. You will be required to show two forms of valid identification (see the Resources section) when visiting in person.
Wait to receive your Welcome Package in the mail after your cheque has cleared for payment. It will be held by the bank for eight business days before it is cleared and your package is sent out.
- CIBC: What do I need to do if I choose the 'Apply online print and mail documents' method of completing an online account application?
- CIBC: The CIBC Unlimited Chequing Account
- CIBC: The CIBC Switch
- US.CIBC.com. "Banking Centers." Accessed April 5, 2020.
- US.CIBC.com. "About Us." Accessed April 5, 2020.
- US.CIBC.com. "Personal Savings Accounts." Accessed April 5, 2020.
- US.CIBC.com. "Money Market Savings Account." Accessed April 5, 2020.
- US.CIBC.com. "Why open an Agility CD?" Accessed April 5, 2020.
- JDPower.com. "Banking App Satisfaction in Canada Decreases with Migration to Digital Channels, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed April 5, 2020.
Faizah Imani, an educator, minister and published author, has worked with clients such as Harrison House Author, Thomas Weeks III, Candle Of Prayer Company and "Truth & Church Magazine." Her dossier includes JaZaMM WebDesigns, assistant high-school band director, district manager for the Clarion Ledger and event coordinator for the Vicksburg Convention Center.