PayPal offers a variety of options to access your money. You can link your checking or savings to your PayPal account to transfer money in three to four business days. You can also apply for a PayPal debit MasterCard, which will give you immediate access to your funds at any ATM, up to $400 per day, and can also be used for debit card purchases. A third option is to receive a check. PayPal does not, however, have an option to transfer funds to a credit card.
Log on to your PayPal account.
Hover the cursor over “Withdraw” on the site’s menu bar and click “PayPal Debit MasterCard.”
Provide your name, billing address and a credit card for security persons. The system will validate and review the information and come back with a decision. If approved, you will receive your card within two to four weeks.
Use your card to access your balance from any ATM machine. You will be subject to whatever surcharge exists for that particular bank and are limited to $400 in withdrawals per day.
Checking or Savings
Log on to your PayPal account.
Hover the cursor over “Profile” and select “My Money.”
Click “Add Bank.” If you already have a bank account linked, you will need to click “Update Bank” before you get to the “Add Bank” option.
Choose “Checking” or “Savings” and enter the bank account and routing number, both of which can be found on your checks. If you are linking a savings account, refer to your monthly statement. If you can’t get the information that way, call the bank to obtain it.
Click “Continue.” PayPal will make two small deposits into the account. Validate the account by entering those amounts on the account information screen. Once confirmed, your account is linked.
Return to the main PayPal account screen. Hover the cursor of “Withdraw” and select “Transfer to Bank Account.”
Enter the amount desired and select the appropriate account from the drop-down box below. Click “Continue.”
Review the transfer request and click “Submit.” You will receive an email notification that PayPal is transferring money to your account and that the funds will be available in three to four business days.
You can also request that PayPal send you a check, but receipt is dependent on the timing of your postal service and you will be subject to a $1.50 charge.
To avoid ATM fees, you can often get cash back from stores that allow cash back with a purchase.
- PayPal: Withdraw Money
- PayPal: Bank Accounts
- PayPal: Get a Debit Card for Your PayPal Account
- PayPal. “From Everyday Purchases to Running a Business—We’ve Got an App for You.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “PayPal Transaction Volume Doubles to $2 Billion.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “Where Can I Use Paypal With Google Pay?” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “Explore Our Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Prepaid Cards and Paypal Credit.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “PayPal Fees Are Always Fair.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- You can also request that PayPal send you a check, but receipt is dependent on the timing of your postal service and you will be subject to a $1.50 charge.
- To avoid ATM fees, you can often get cash back from stores that allow cash back with a purchase.
Carl Carabelli has been writing in various capacities for more than 15 years. He has utilized his creative writing skills to enhance his other ventures such as financial analysis, copywriting and contributing various articles and opinion pieces. Carabelli earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Seton Hall and has worked in banking, notably commercial lending, since 2001.