How to Send Child Support Payments in Austin, Texas

How to Send Child Support Payments in Austin, Texas
••• Jupiterimages/ Images

It is the responsibility of a noncustodial parent to make timely child support payments. Failing to do so may impact a custodial parent's ability to provide for a minor child. Making payments as ordered helps to ensure a child receives items necessary for his development. Noncustodial parents can make child support payments in Austin, Texas, several ways. The payments are processed by the Child Support Enforcement Division and disbursed to the custodial parent for the care of a minor child.

Bank Draft

Access the ExpertPay website and click “Obligors.”

Register for a new account. During the registration process, you will need to provide your Social Security number, mother's maiden name and email address. You will need to agree to the “Terms and Conditions” before completing the registration process.

Sign in to your account using the user name and password you created. Click “Bank Account” and select “New Bank Account.” Enter your banking information including your account number and click “Continue.” Review the account's information and click “Submit.”

Click “Payment Center” and select a payment option. You can choose to make a one-time payment or setup a recurring payment.

Enter a name and date for your payment. Select the type of payment you want to send and click “Continue.” Enter the amount to be sent and confirm your entry. Click “Submit” and write down the confirmation number for your payment.

Credit Card

Access the e-childsPay website and register for an account. You will need to provide your Social Security number and email address during registration. Your password will be sent to your email address.

Sign in to your account using your user ID and password. Click “Pay Now.”

Enter a name for your payment. Click “Use New Card” and enter your credit card information. You will also need to provide your billing address. Click “Continue.”

Enter the amount to be paid and select the card you entered in the “Current Card” drop-down menu.

Click “Submit” and review the information you entered. Click “Make Payment” and write down your confirmation number.


  • Cash payments can also be made at a Western Union Quick Collect or Convenience Pay location (see Resources). You will need to provide your cause number and 10-digit case number. Enter the word "Attorney" in the "Code City" field on the Western Union send form. Payments are disbursed within three days to the custodial parent.

    Checks, cashier's checks and money orders are also accepted by mail. Mail payments to the Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit; P.O. Box 659791; San Antonio, TX 78265-9791. Include your 10-digit case number, cause number and noncustodial parent's name with the payment.

    Debit or credit card payments are also accepted by phone. Call 800-634-3422 and select option 2. You will need to call from a phone that accepts incoming calls. You need your case number and cause number to make a payment.