MetLife is the leading provider of insurance for millions of individuals in the United States. MetLife is a public company and individuals are able to buy and sell shares of the company. There are many ways to sell your stock of MetLife, but the most common way to do it is through a brokerage firm. Here are a few steps on how to sell MetLife Stock.
Selling MetLife Stock
Call your brokerage firm. If you signed up with a online brokerage firm, log on. Make sure you have your certificate of ownership when selling MetLife stock at a brokerage firm. When you are online, it should already indicate that you own MetLife Stock.
Indicate how many shares of MetLife stock you want to sell.
Sell your MetLife stock online, after indicating the amount, or sell the shares using your broker at the brokerage firm.
The New York Stock Exchange is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.
- MetLife Investor Relations
- MetLife. "Legal Notices: "9. All Products, Programs and Services May Not Be Available in Your Area." Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- Wells Fargo. 8 things that can affect your homeowners insurance rates. Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- J.D. Power. Home Insurance Customer Satisfaction Declines, Opening Door for Insurtech Disruptors, J.D. Power Finds. Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners. "Metropolitan Prop & Cas Ins CoNational Complaint Index Report." Accessed on Sept. 15, 2020.
- Apple.com. "MetLife US App." Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- Google.com. "MetLife US App." Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- MetLife.com. "Have a MetLife Representative Contact You." Accessed Sept. 15, 2020.
- The New York Stock Exchange is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.
Based in New Jersey, Ashley Leonard has been writing professionally since 2007. Her articles have appeared on rsportscars.com and various other websites. Leonard holds a Bachelor of Arts in communications from Marymount Manhattan College.