Scholarships for Part Time Graduate Students

Scholarships for Part Time Graduate Students
••• money image by Horticulture from

Many students rely on scholarships to pay for their college education. It is common knowledge that scholarships exist for undergraduate and full-time graduate students. However, many scholarships exist for part-time graduate students as well. This financial aid allows non-traditional students such as adults with family responsibilities to take courses at colleges or universities to improve their education and job skills.

Davis Putter Scholarship Fund

The Davis Putter Scholarship Fund is available to part-time graduate students who are active in the social and economic justice movements. Twenty-five to thirty scholarships of up to $10,000 a year are awarded to students enrolled in colleges and universities. Applicants must submit two references to verify their political activities.

Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund PO Box 7307 New York, NY 10116-7307

The Fulbright Program

The Fulbright program offers grants to 100 nationals in the United States and France. The grant is open to part-time graduate students and allows professionals to study or teach in the United States and France. The applicant must be enrolled in a college or university and either the applicant or one of his parents must be involved in education.

Commission Franco-Americaine d'Echanges Universitaires et Culturels Fulbright Commission, Nine Rue Chardin Paris 75016, France

The National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program

This program rewards graduate students who are involved in science and engineering. One thousand individuals each receive a $41,500 scholarship. Recipients pursue a research-based master's or doctorate degrees in the United States or another country. Recipients are expected to contribute to teaching, research and progress in their fields.

GRF Operations Center 1818 N. St. NW Suite T-50 Washington, DC 20036 (866)673-4737

TEACH Grant Program

The TEACH Grant Program offers $4,000 per year for those pursuing a degree in education. In exchange, the graduate agrees to work for four years in a public or private school within eight years of graduating in a high-need field. As of 2010, high-need fields included bilingual education, science, mathematics, special education and others. Those who do not fulfill the service requirement repay the money as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. Eligible applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, be enrolled in a university that participates in the TEACH program and meet the academic requirements on admissions tests and GPA.