The deposit slips that you receive with your checking and savings account are designed to help ease deposit transactions when you go to the bank. These slips contain all of of your account information, including your name, address and account numbers. If you run out of deposit slips, you can pick up generic slips from the bank. If you use a generic slip, be sure to write your name, address and account numbers on the account slip, before making your deposit. This will ensure that your deposit is credited to the right account.
Locate the “Currency” field on the deposit slip. Enter the amount of dollars and cents you are depositing. If you are not depositing any paper or coin currency, you can draw a line through this field or write $0.
Locate the “Checks” section. In the checks section, you will have several rows. This allows you to deposit several different checks at one time. List the amount of each check on a separate row. If you are only depositing one check, draw a line through the remaining rows.
Locate the “Less Cash Received” field. This field must be completed if you desire to receive cash back from a check you are depositing. Enter the amount of cash you would like to receive back. If you don't desire any cash back from your deposited check, draw a line through the row or write $0.
Locate the “Total” field. In this field, write the total amount of your deposit. This total should include the sum of your dollars, coins and checks, minus the cash back amount that is listed in the previous step.
Sign your name on the deposit slip, if you are requesting cash back from a check. If you are not requesting cash back from the deposit, you do not have to include a signature.
- Practical Money Skills: Making A Deposit
- Capital One. "Direct Deposit into a Savings Account." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- First Bank Financial Centre. "How To: Fill Out A Bank Deposit Slip." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- CheckDeposit.io. "Deposit Slip: How to Fill Out a Deposit Slip." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- Chase. "A New ATM Experience." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- Chase. "Chase QuickDeposit." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- Wells Fargo. "3 Common Questions About Check Deposits." Accessed April 6, 2020.
- Chase. "Deposit Account Agreement and Privacy Notice," Page 16. Accessed April 6, 2020.
Faizah Imani, an educator, minister and published author, has worked with clients such as Harrison House Author, Thomas Weeks III, Candle Of Prayer Company and "Truth & Church Magazine." Her dossier includes JaZaMM WebDesigns, assistant high-school band director, district manager for the Clarion Ledger and event coordinator for the Vicksburg Convention Center.