Before Verizon suspends your telephone service, you will receive a notice indicating that your bill is past due. If you fail to pay your bill within five days of receiving the notice, your services will be suspended. Suspended services become expensive, due to the fact that late fees and reconnect fees are added to your final bill total. You can pay the bill for your suspended account online, just as you would if the service was not suspended.
Visit the "My Verizon" website (see Resources). Click the "Register" link if this is your first time using the My Verizon website. During the registration process, you will be able to create a username and password.
Enter your username and password on the My Verizon homepage. Click "Sign In."
Click the "Account" tab. Select "Payment" and "Payment Options."
Select the option to "Make a Payment." Enter your credit card information, along with the amount that you are paying. If you don't have a credit card, you can also pay using your checking account. You will need your bank's routing number and your checking account number. Both numbers are often printed on the bottom of your checks.
Click "Submit" to submit and process your payment. It may take a few hours for your service to be restored. If your service is not restored, within three to four hours, contact Verizon customer service to request service restoration.
- Verizon: Paying Your Bill Online
- Verizon: Support -- Paying Your Bill Online
- Verizon: Support -- Disconnected Service
- Verizon: Billing Center
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. "Consumer Expenditures -- 2018," Page 5. Accessed June 29, 2020.
- Verizon. "Verizon Visa Card FAQs – Earn Verizon Dollars and Get Verizon Up Rewards." Question #3. Accessed June 29, 2020.
- Verizon. "The Verizon Visa Credit Card and The Verizon Visa Signature Credit Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions." Accessed June 29, 2020.
- Verizon. "Verizon Visa Card FAQs – Earn Verizon Dollars and Get Verizon Up Rewards." Question #2. Accessed June 29, 2020.
- J.D. Power. "2018 U.S. Wireless Purchase Experience Studies." Accessed June 29, 2020.
- Verizon. "The Verizon Visa Signature Credit Card Guide to Benefits." Accessed June 29, 2020.
- J.D. Power. "Credit Card Rewards War Reaches Inflection Point as Competition Grows, J.D. Power Finds." Accessed June 29, 2020.
Faizah Imani, an educator, minister and published author, has worked with clients such as Harrison House Author, Thomas Weeks III, Candle Of Prayer Company and "Truth & Church Magazine." Her dossier includes JaZaMM WebDesigns, assistant high-school band director, district manager for the Clarion Ledger and event coordinator for the Vicksburg Convention Center.