While there are many ways to pay bills, some of them more convenient than others, paying your bills with Western Union money orders allows you to feel secure that a check won't bounce and your creditor gets the payment. Add to your sense of security by saving the stub from your Western Union money order as part of your payment record.
Use the information on the stub to determine whether or not the payment has been cashed. Having access to this information is helpful in the event there's any dispute over whether or not you sent your money order.
Call to Check the Status
You can call the Western Union automated help line to determine the status of the money order you've sent. This phone number is (800) 999-9660. Listen to the automated menu prompts and select the option to "Check the Status of a Money Order."
Enter the 11-digit money order serial number when prompted. The serial number is located in the upper right corner of the Western Union money order record stub. Once you've entered the serial number, the automated service will tell you when your money order was cashed.
Select the prompt for assistance if you do not have the 11-digit serial number from your Western Union money order stub. The automated system will take information so the company can fax or mail a copy of a Lost Serial Number Form to you. Fill out the form entirely and fax, email or mail it back to Western Union so they can trace the money order and determine if it's been cashed.
Lost or Stolen Money Orders
If you think a money order has been lost or stolen, you can fill out a form and request a refund. If you have a police report, you should send that to Western Union. Depending on the circumstance, it can take several weeks to process your request and you may or may not receive a refund.
If you don't have the number of the money order, you can also fill out a research request form that will ask Western Union to determine the number and status of the money order. If the money order has been cashed, you'll get a record of the transaction. If it hasn't been cashed, you can get a refund for the amount of the money order. There is generally a fee to research a money order or to replace a lost or stolen one.
If you have your original receipt, the processing fee will be $15. If you do not have the receipt, the fee will be $30.
Keep Track of the Numbers
When you get a money order, it's a good idea to write the name of the company you paid on the Western Union money order record stub. This way you can easily find the correct stub, if needed.
- Western Union: Money Orders
- Western Union: Money Order Research Request
- Western Union: Money Order Customer Request
- United States Postal Service. "Sending Money Orders." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Western Union. "Do Money Orders Have an Expiration Date?" Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Western Union. "How Do I Request a Money Order Refund?" Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- United States Postal Service. "Money Orders - The Basics." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- United States Postal Service. "Money Order Inquiry System." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- MoneyGram. "Money Order Information." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- MoneyGram. "Money Order Claim Card." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Western Union. "All About Money Orders." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Western Union. "Money Order Research Request." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. "Answers About Forgery and Fraud." Accessed Jan. 13, 2020.
- Write the name of the company you paid on the Western Union money order record stub. This way you can easily find the correct stub, if needed.
Mary Ylisela is a former teacher with a Bachelor of Arts in elementary education and mathematics. She has been a writer since 1996, specializing in business, fitness and education. Prior to teaching, Ylisela worked as a certified fitness instructor and a small-business owner.