PayPal greatly facilitates money transfers via the Internet, among other things. Once you have set up a PayPal account, you can list multiple banks to transfer funds or consummate other transactions. Thus, it is important to maintain current banking information. PayPal makes changing your banking information a simple process.
Log in to your PayPal account and locate the "Profile" option at the top of the page. This will take you to your profile information and allow you to access personal information you provided when you set up your account.
Click on "My Money" to locate the update function. Click "Update" next to the bank account option. This brings up the bank accounts you have listed. Select the bank account you want to remove and click "Remove."
Add a new primary bank account to your PayPal account to replace the one you have removed. Simply input your new bank account information. If you do not, you will be unable to use your PayPal account.
- PayPal: Removing a Bank Account
- PayPal. "Data Encryption." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- PayPal. "PayPal Bug Bounty Program." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- FTC. "How to Recognize and Avoid Phishing Scams." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- FTC. "Tips for Using Public Wi-Fi Networks." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- Evergreen National Bank. "Fraud Prevention." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. "Fraud and Scams Key Terms." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- PayPal. "Resolving Disputes, Claims, and Chargebacks." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- Federal Trade Commission. "FTC Advises Consumers Not to Use Wire Transfers for Online Purchases." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- PayPal. "How Seller Protection Can Help Support Your Business." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- PayPal. "What Is FDIC Insurance and How Does It Work?" Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
- FDIC. "Prepaid Cards and Deposit Insurance Coverage." Accessed Feb. 11, 2020.
Carl Hose is the author of the anthology "Dead Horizon" and the the zombie novella "Dead Rising." His work has appeared in "Cold Storage," "Butcher Knives and Body Counts," "Writer's Journal," and "Lighthouse Digest.". He is editor of the "Dark Light" anthology to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities.