Grants for Post-Baccalaureate Programs

Grants are available for students pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree. Post-baccalaureate degrees further a student's education in his chosen field of study. The programs require extensive research and working closely with college or university faculty members. While your graduate school may offer financial assistance to cover the cost of tuition and other related expenses, grants are available to provide additional support.

Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Program

The U.S. Department's Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Program helps students from disadvantaged backgrounds pursue a Ph.D. While completing undergraduate study, eligible students participate in research, scholarly activities and summer internships to help them prepare for graduate study. These activities are designed to assist the student in securing admission into a graduate school as well as financial aid. McNair regulations designates students who are Black, Hispanic, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders as underrepresented groups eligible to participate in the program.

Pell Grant

The U.S. Department of Education also provides funding for the Pell grant program. Post-baccalaureate students pursuing a teaching credential can apply for a Pell grant. The student must meet the low-income limit to be eligible for a Pell grant. The student can receive up to $5,550 per academic year depending on the financial need, status as a full-time or part-time student and the cost to attend the school. The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid to determine if she is eligible for a Pell grant.

Susan G. Komen Training in Disparities Research

The Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization is committed to eliminating breast cancer on a global scale. The organization's Post-Baccalaureate Training in Disparities Research grant provides a grant of $45,000 per academic year for research in disparities in breast-cancer outcomes across population groups. The grant is renewable for three years and provided to three students each funding cycle. Students pursuing a master's or doctoral degree are eligible to apply. The grant can be used toward a student stipend, mentor salaries, training materials and certain travel expenses.

Geological Society of America Research Grant

The Geological Society of America's Graduate Student Research Grant provides partial support for students pursuing a masters or doctoral research in geological sciences. The student must be a GSA member to apply for a grant. The student must also be currently enrolled in a master's or Ph.D.-level earth sciences degree program. The student may receive a grant once at the master's level and once at the Ph.D. level. Transcripts are not required to be submitted with your grant application.