Grants for Flight Attendant School

Grants for Flight Attendant School
••• Digital Vision./Digital Vision/Getty Images

If you plan to pursue a career as a flight attendant, you can get money for school through the federal government, education associations, aviation organizations and schools that offer flight attendant programs. Certain grant programs only extend eligibility to students attending specific flight attendant schools, and you may face academic or financial need requirements. Each program has different guidelines and you may qualify for a one-time award, or funding to pay for your entire flight attendant education.


If you enroll in a flight attendant program at a four-year college or vocational school, you may qualify for the Federal Pell Grant program. The Pell Grant provides need-based funding to students who have not received a bachelor's degree in the past, and does not require you to repay funds. According to the U.S. Department of Education, more than 5,000 schools participate in the Pell Grant program, including certain flight attendant schools like the International Air and Hospitality Academy in Vancouver, Washington. As of the time of publication, you can receive a maximum of $5,550 per school year through the Pell Grant program. The amount you receive depends on your need for assistance, your educational costs, your enrollment status and the length of time you plan to continue your studies.


Schools that offer flight attendant programs may administer internal grant programs. For example, Glendale Community College in Glendale, California, offers flight attendant and flight training coursework and administers multiple grant programs for its students. GCC's David Christ Memorial grant and Lee Norris Memorial grant each offer funding specifically for students in the school's Aviation Program. GCC also offers general grants for all qualified students, including the Michael Winston Sutherland Memorial grant, which provides funding to transferring or continuing students and bases awards on academic achievement.

Aviation Associations

Aviation associations often have grant programs for students attending flight attendant schools. Women in Corporate Aviation, for instance, offers scholarships for students enrolled in flight training, corporate flight attendant training and dispatcher training programs. As of the time of publication, you can receive grants up to $2,000 from WCA. The National Business Aviation Association administers grants for students in flight technician and flight attendant educational programs. Corporate sponsors, including ConocoPhillips, FlightSafety International and MedAire, fund the grants, and NBAA's Flight Attendants Committee selects award recipients.

Education Associations

Certain education associations offer scholarships for students enrolled in flight attendant programs at career colleges. For example, if you live in Idaho, Washington or Oregon, you may qualify for the Careers That Work program, offered by the Northwest Career Colleges Federation. As of the time of publication, the CTW program offers grants up to $1,000, which you can use at participating schools in the Pacific Northwest, including the International Air and Hospitality Academy in Vancouver, Washington. Administrators at Pacific Northwest high schools identify potential grant candidates for the CTW program, and recipients can use awards to pay for tuition.