How to Fill Out Pleading Forms for a Quiet Title

From time to time, fraudulent real estate transactions come about. It may be that a deed was signed by someone other than the rightful owner. It may alternatively be that the conveyance of a property was accomplished under coercion. In such instances, an action to quiet title is in order. Such an action is a lawsuit to establish ownership and silence, or quiet, challenges or claims to the title. To begin such a suit requires filing a complaint.

Fill in the basic identification information, to include your name, address and phone number. Type your name into the space above the word "Plaintiff."

Fill out the address of the property whose title is in dispute. Generally, you will be required to attach to the complaint the legal description of the property.

Describe your cause of action, or your reason for filing the complaint. For example, if you are filing due to a forged deed, explain how you know the deed was forged. Include details regarding the forgery, such as dates and names. If the forger has made written or verbal threats against you or the property or has attempted to bribe you into silence, include such information as well. Do not, however, write vaguely of random suspicions or make unfounded accusations. As this is a legal pleading, take care to write cogently and stick to the facts. If you need to attach an additional sheet to the form to adequately describe your case, do so.

Complete any required affidavit and verification forms with name, signature and date.

Print or type your name on the Certificate of Service, then sign and date it.


  • If you cannot pay the required court fees, you may be able to file a motion or petition to proceed in forma pauperis, which is a waiver of normal fees. It will require your financial information. Be perfectly truthful in your answers.