How to Change the Beneficiary on Walmart Stock

by Matt McGew ; Updated July 27, 2017

Walmart is a publicly traded company that issues stock and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol WMT. If you own Walmart stock, you can set up a transfer on death (TOD) registration that establishes or changes the beneficiary of the stock. The TOD also allows your Walmart stock to transfer directly to the beneficiary and avoid probate upon your death.

Step 1

Contact the transfer agent used by Walmart. Walmart's transfer agent is Computershare. You can contact Computershare at 1-800-438-6278.

Step 2

Inform the transfer agent you want to change the beneficiary on your TOD registration. The transfer agent will mail you the necessary paperwork to change the beneficiary on your Walmart stock.

Step 3

Complete the paperwork with information about the new beneficiary, including the beneficiary's name, address, phone number and Social Security number. Take the paperwork to a notary and have the forms notarized. Mail the completed notarized forms to the address listed on the form.

About the Author

Since 1992 Matt McGew has provided content for on and offline businesses and publications. Previous work has appeared in the "Los Angeles Times," Travelocity and "GQ Magazine." McGew specializes in search engine optimization and has a Master of Arts in journalism from New York University.

Cite this Article A tool to create a citation to reference this article Cite this Article