According to the United States Department of Justice, the state median income in Arizona was $55,118 a year for a household of two in 2013. For a household of three, the income was $55,654. The median income for a household of four was $61,023. Single earners in Arizona had a mean annual income of $42,107.
Arizona State Facts
The U.S. Census Bureau reported a population of 6,626,624 in Arizona as of 2013. There were 2,357,158 households in the state, with an average of 2.66 people per household. In 2014, the state's unemployment rate was 6.8 percent. Arizona's two largest counties, Maricopa and Pima, accounted for 82.9 percent of employment statewide. The median household income in Maricopa from 2008 to 2012 was $54,385 a year, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. In Pima County, the median income was $46,443.
- United States Department of Justice: Census Bureau Median Family Income By Family Size
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: County Employment and Wages in Arizona - Second Quarter 2013
- United States Census Bureau: Arizona
- United States Census Bureau: Pima County, Arizona
- United States Census Bureau: Maricopa, Arizona