PayPal is an e-commerce business platform that allows you to send money to — and receive money from — anybody with an email address. By linking a credit card to your PayPal account, you can select the credit card as the payment method when adding or sending money to a PayPal account.
Log on to your PayPal account on its website (see Resource).
Click the "Profile" tab and select "Credit Cards" under the "Financial information" subsection.
Click the yellow "Add a Card" button. Follow the prompts to enter your credit card's account information.
Click the "Send Money" tab.
Enter the email address associated with the account you want to add funds to with your credit card. Enter the dollar amount of funds you want to add, and select the reason for the transfer. Click the yellow "Continue" button.
Click the "Change" link under the "Payment Method" subsection. Select the credit card you linked to your PayPal account. Click "Continue."
Confirm the transfer information and click "Continue" to instantly add funds to the PayPal account from your credit card.
- PayPal: Send Money to Friends and Pay for Goods and Services
- PayPal. “From Everyday Purchases to Running a Business—We’ve Got an App for You.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “PayPal Transaction Volume Doubles to $2 Billion.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “Where Can I Use Paypal With Google Pay?” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “Explore Our Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Prepaid Cards and Paypal Credit.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
- PayPal. “PayPal Fees Are Always Fair.” Accessed Aug. 3, 2020.
Since 1992 Matt McGew has provided content for on and offline businesses and publications. Previous work has appeared in the "Los Angeles Times," Travelocity and "GQ Magazine." McGew specializes in search engine optimization and has a Master of Arts in journalism from New York University.