How to Access My W-2 Information for 2010

How to Access My W-2 Information for 2010
••• Thinkstock/Comstock/Getty Images

Federal law states that employers have until January 31st to mail W2s to employees for the previous year. If you want to access your 2010 W2 information prior to receiving it in the mail, or if your employer is late in sending it out, or if you've lost the copy already mailed to you, there are a few steps you can take to get your W-2.

Ask your employer for a copy of your W2 information. As the January 31st deadline for mailing your 2010 W2 has passed, your employer should have this information readily available. Check that the mailing address your employer has for you is correct.

Call the Internal Revenue Service if you have not received your 2010 W2 by February 14th. You will need to provide your name, address, social security number, phone number, your employer's name and address, your date of employment, and an estimate of your earnings.

Check your employer's website. Some companies have websites where employees can log in to view their own tax information, such as pay stubs and W2s. If you aren't sure whether or not your employer has such a website, inquire with the human resources department or your supervisor.


  • Contact the IRS by calling 800-829-1040 to complain about not receiving your W2 if you have not been successful in getting it from your employer.