Will You Get The One-Time $250 Social Security & SSI Stimulus Check?

Will You Get The One-Time $250 Social Security & SSI Stimulus Check?
••• Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images

The one-time $250 stimulus payment was made to qualifying taxpayers in 2009 and 2010. It was also called the Economic Recovery Payment and the IRS provides an online tool to check if you're eligible and to verify you received your payment. Economic Recovery Payments were available to retirees and disabled individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income, disabled veterans and Railroad Retirement beneficiaries.

Verify that you receive SSI payments, Railroad Retirement benefits or benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you don't get payments or benefits from one of these agencies, you didn't qualify for the $250 stimulus payment.

Gather your social security number, date of birth and the zip code from your most recent tax return.

Go to the IRS online Recovery Payment tool, titled "Did I receive a 2010 Economic Recovery Payment?"

Enter your social security number, date of birth, zip code and follow the prompts to confirm whether you got the $250 payment.


  • Include the payment on your 2009 or 2010 income tax return. If you already filed, check your returns to make sure you included the stimulus payment. Amend your return to reflect the $250 if you didn't include it when you filed.


  • According to the IRS, your refund will be delayed if you don't include the Economic Recovery Payment on your tax return.