How to Fill Out a Quitclaim Deed for Arkansas

Quit claim deeds are conveyance documents. These deeds are legal records that change ownership on a piece of real estate. The form is very straightforward and is nearly identical in all 50 states in the United States. Filling out a quitclaim deed in Arkansas requires a meeting with the grantor and grantee on the form as well as a Notary Public licensed in Arkansas.

Obtain a blank copy of an Arkansas quitclaim deed. To find one, contact a real estate attorney in your area or visit your local Registry of Deeds. Make sure the state reflected on the deed is Arkansas--the forms are nearly identical from state to state, but it must correctly reflect your county in Arkansas.

Hire a notary public and arrange a meeting for the grantor (the owner of the property), the grantee (the person being added to or removed from the piece of real estate), and the notary public.

Fill out the grantor section of the quitclaim deed. You must write in your name, gender, street address, county, and spouse name. Date and sign at the bottom of the deed.

Watch as the grantee fills out her section of the deed with the same information. She must sign and date under her information.

Have the notary public witness as the grantor and the grantee fill out the respective sections. The notary public must then affix his embossed seal, stamp his notary license number, fill out the county information for Arkansas, and sign and date the bottom.

Make photocopies of the quitclaim deed for both parties. Bring the deed to the Registry of Deeds and have an abstractor record the document on the property. You'll need to pay a recording fee (between $10 and $35). The abstractor will then fill out the top portion of the deed with the book and page where the deed is recorded.


About the Author

Based in Eugene, Ore., Duncan Jenkins has been writing finance-related articles since 2008. His specialties include personal finance advice, mortgage/equity loans and credit management. Jenkins obtained his bachelor's degree in English from Clark University.