The Social Security Administration (SSA) mails the tax form SSA-1099 to benefit recipients each January. You will receive an SSA-1042S if you are a nonresident alien. If you did not receive your tax form, or if it's lost or illegible, request a duplicate SSI tax form. You may also request a tax form for a deceased person. Fill out an online form on the SSA's website to request the replacement document. Expect the duplicate copy to arrive in about 10 days.
Go to the main website of the Social Security Administration. Click on “SSI” from the tab at the top menu.
Click on “Site Map” at the bottom of the Web page under the heading “Organizational Information.”
Click on “F” from the alphabet menu. Click on “Forms.”
Scroll down until you see the link labeled “Request a form SSA-1099/1042 (Benefit Statement) for tax or other purposes.” Click on this link.
Scroll to the bottom of the Web page and select the appropriate link to request a replacement tax form for yourself or for a deceased person.
Follow the onscreen prompts to request a replacement SSA-1099. Select a reason for why you need a new form from the pull-down menu. Provide the Social Security number, full name and date of birth. (reference 6)
- Call the SSA at 800-772-1213 to report a change of address and request a replacement tax form.
- Call the SSA or visit your local office if you need a tax form from an earlier year.
- If you need a replacement document sooner than 10 days, visit your local office.
- U.S. Social Security Administration: The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration
- U.S. Social Security Administration: What is Supplemental Security Income?
- U.S. Social Security Administration: Site Map
- U.S. Social Security Administration: Social Security Forms
- U.S. Social Security Administration: Request an SSA-1099/1042S for Tax Information
- U.S. Social Security Administration: Please Log In
- U.S. Social Security Administration: How to Report a Change of Address and Request a Replacement SSA-1099/1042S