If you're feeling entrepreneurial, you might be interested in learning how to create your own trading platform. The good news is that you can do this even if you don't necessarily have a background in knowing how to design a stock trading application architecture. Of course, it always helps if you do have a background in designing options trading apps.
While you may be motivated to learn how to build an automated trading platform out of passion and curiosity, you should keep in mind that launching a financial product on the market is a very serious, highly regulated undertaking. Take a look at some tips for how to create your own trading platform.
If you don't have the skills to do a top-to-bottom build of an options trading app, you'll need to bring in iOS and Android developers to help design a stock trading application architecture.
How to Build a Trading Platform
If you'd like to create your own trading platform from scratch, you need to build a user-friendly, highly secure app or platform that allows people to register using email addresses and telephone numbers. Here's a look at some of the key features to build into your app:
- Push notifications.
- A user page that houses and manages personal data. Users should be able to edit this page.
- A search function.
- Payment options.
- Transaction options.
- A deposit-checking feature.
- A quote-monitoring feature.
- A newsfeed showcasing all relevant data and alerts users should be notified of in the trading world.
- Real-time tracking for portfolios.
- Analytics for tracking the results of trades and transactions delivered via graphic charts and reports.
To get your self-made platform off the ground, you'll need to work through the stages of designing your environment, setting up your environment, creating graphics, working out front-end development, working out back-end development, developing the administration panel and deploying your platform/app. Before launching your platform, make sure you have permissions and licenses to operate in countries and jurisdictions where you'll be making your platform available.
You'll also need to meet all requirements for the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) if you'll be launching the platform in the United States.
How Can You Create an Online Trading Site?
If you don't have the skills to do a top-to-bottom build of an options trading app, you'll need to bring in iOS and Android developers to help design a stock trading application architecture. Additionally, you'll need the help of front-end developers, back-end developers, UX developers and graphic designers to make a polished, professional and reliable product. In many cases, the build could take several months when you factor in everything from initial design to quality-assurance testing.
Which Trading Platform Is Best for Beginners?
If you're looking for options trading apps for beginners where you don't have to build an entire operation from scratch, an option like Tradestation.com offers a comprehensive trading platform with real-time data from the stock market. With this platform, you can actually build your own trading systems into your platform to trade. The library of indicators that you can sign up for with this app will be highly appreciated if you're looking for information to build and design a stock trading application architecture.
Another good trading app is called eSignal. With this option, you're allowed to choose a broker while integrating your order flow within a well-designed platform with a real-time data feed. If you're looking for examples of best trading platforms for beginners to model your own platform after, some good mainstream choices to study include TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, Robinhood and E*TRADE.
- Esignal is another excellent provider of both real-time data feed and has an excellent trading platform. It will also allow you to select your own broker and integrate your order flow through its system.
- Whether you decide to select ready open-source platforms that are ready to go or custom build your own it is very important that you get a quality real-time data feed for your platform. If you're not getting timely information it will effect your ability to trade effectively as your market information is "second hand".
Adam Luehrs is a writer during the day and a voracious reader at night. He focuses mostly on finance writing and has a passion for real estate, credit card deals, and investing.